So I know technically this event created by Coolbeans4 was for yesterday, but I had to sit and comfort my newly spayed cat yesterday, so I’m a day behind. Because the cat is important, guys. And she was all loopy and drugged up.
October is my favorite month when Georgia delivers some actual fall weather. Leaves, crisp air, cinnamon scented everything at stores, and MY BIRTHDAY!
Coming Up in October
1. The Georgia Alabama game. Not only will I be trapped in my house due to 7403714834 people flooding my relatively small college town, it’s understood that from 3:30-6:30 I will be in my living room, hopefully having eaten some kind of grilled lunch, hopefully watching my alma mater win. GO DAWGS!
2. I bought this book, the 52 Lists Project, with a list a week for a year. The book is LOVELY and the prompts are really nice. There’s nothing in there that I would feel guilty about someone reading should they find it in my house, and that’s pretty rare as far as list books go. So that’ll show up here, and the author even encourages hashtags and social media integration with her book, so if anyone wants to pick that up from B&N or Amazon, I’m starting list 40 (in the fall section) on Saturday!
3. I have at least two small town fall festivals (Watkinsville and Braselton, if you are near the Athens area…unlikely) lined up to attend. It’s always fun to find more great local vendors who have etsy shops and Instagrams for me to peruse.
4. Incorporating the flavors of fall- hopefully there will be chili/soup weather and some kind of pumpkin or apple dessert.
5. Speaking of apples, I’m looking forward to orchard trips and getting some variety into my life. Bring on the Honeycrisp and the Pink Ladies!
6. My October Happy Mail, of course.
7. There should be at least one trip to the Washington Farms Corn Maze.
8. I get to attend my first friend wedding with a HUSBAND. It’ll be so nice being able to empathize with my friends on their wedding day-I’ve been there! Such a day of joy and craziness.
9. The Oh Hellos are coming to Athens, and I’ve got tickets!
10. I’m turning the big 25 on the 26th. That should mean some kind of celebratory food.
11. I finally got banks and name changes sorted out enough to get a gym membership. It’s at the YMCA so a huge adjustment for me since there are kids EVERYWHERE. Anyway, I’m giving myself six months to train for a half. I’ve made a chart up, so hopefully by the end of the month, I can be 5K-without-feeling-dead.